You may have noticed that once you have determined that you really desire Radiant Health, a beautiful body, healthy organs, glowing skin, hair and eyes, consistent energy and happiness that your little self or your ego may be having a fit or a temper tantrum.
You may experience crazy sugar cravings or you may feel obsessed about food or feel like you have to control what you eat.
Sugar cravings are deep seeded cravings usually brought on in childhood and they don’t back down with ease.
You crave sweets for various reasons such as:
- When you feel tired
- As a reward for completing a demanding project or for working out
- To soothe yourself when you feel emotional, upset, sad, angry, mad or even happy!
- You crave sugar out of habit because you “always” drink coffee and have a muffin after you take the kids to school or you eat one tiny piece of chocolate every night after dinner.
- You crave sugar to self sabotage yourself– you feel like you don’t deserve to feel totally amazing all of the time so you eat sugar to keep you feeling small, surrounded in drama and in chaos.
- You have sugar cravings associated with holiday’s, family gatherings, and different seasons.
- You have sugar cravings because your current way of living and eating is out of balance.
- You crave sugar because you are unsatisfied in your career.
- You have sugar cravings because you are unsatisfied in your love life or your because you feel lonely and want the perfect partner that ignites your soul.
- You crave sugar because you exercise too much or not enough.
- You crave sugar because you feel disconnected from your source.
Step 1: Instead of just stuffing the sweet in your mouth without thinking about it, stop and ask yourself what am I really craving?
Step 2: Describe the craving by speaking it out loud or write about it in your journal.
Step 3: Ask yourself these questions:
- What am I really hungry for?
- How do I feel right now for example “tired, stressed, bored, lonely, angry, mad, sad, confused, totally happy.”
- What am I hoping this sweet will do for me?
- How do I imagine I will feel after I eat the sweet?
- What is my intention for eating this sweet?
Step 4: After answering the questions, chose if you still want the sweet.
Step 5: If you chose to have the sweet, is it possible to upgrade the quality of your sweet to the most amazing, best version possible of your sweet?
For example, last week I was craving a vegan chocolate chip cookie out of habit (because I got it in my mind that Saturday’s are a great day to enjoy a little treat.)
I stopped, reviewed my questions and realized that I actually hate the way I feel after I eat those cookies!
Instead, I powerfully chose to replace my low vibrational chocolate chip cookie craving with the most amazing, organic, high vibrational 70% organic dark cocoa, rich with Omega Oils, cocoa butter and organic vanilla beans. I ate one exquisite truffle and felt totally satisfied, nourished and over my sugar cravings (the only problem is as I write this I am craving another Truffle!)
Step 6: Love yourself up! Many times when you crave sugar you are actually longing for sweetness in your life. Make a list of ways you can nourish your body, mind and spirit without food.
Here are some examples:
- Take a hot bath with lavender essential oil.
- Get a hug or a kiss from your loved one.
- Take a nap.
- Pet your cat or dog.
- Connect with nature.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Drink water or your favorite cup of herbal tea (chamomile, peppermint or ginger.)
- Watch a movie or read a book.
- Visualize your future, your dream life or plan a vacation.
- Exercise in nature.
- Play like a kid again.
I hope this assists you in kicking your sugar cravings to the curb for good!
If you liked this article, then I know you’ll LOVE working with me in one of my Body Transformation coaching programs. Contact me here to set up a time for us to get to know each other and to see how I can best support you in reaching your goals and dreams.